Sunday, October 24, 2010

How the BCS does picking games compared to my computer

When doing my analysis of the BCS last week, I mentioned I'd be tracking how well the BCS predicted games as compared to my computer, so here is the first edition of that comparison.

The following are the games between BCS top-25 teams:

  • #1 OU vs #11 Mizzou - The BCS clearly liked Oklahoma here, but my computer had Missouri at #5 vs #6 OU and picked the "upset".  Schmidt Computer 1, BCS 0.
  • #4 Auburn vs #6 LSU - I had Auburn #10 and LSU #18.  SC 2, BCS 1.
  • #13 Wisconsin vs #15 Iowa - My computer liked Iowa better with #9 vs #20.  SC 2, BCS 2.
  • #14 Oklahoma State vs #16 Nebraska - My computer saw it the other way with Nebraska #11 and OSU #22.  SC 3, BCS 2.
So, after one week, my computer has a slight advantage picking 3 of 4 games right versus the BCS 2 of 4.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment