Thursday, September 13, 2018

USTA make changes to 2018 Nationals schedules and "flights"

I wrote last month about the 2018 USTA League Nationals schedules being available.  Well, despite "final" being in the same of the PDFs the schedules were in, it appears changes have been made to at least some of the events.

To get the latest, go to the USTA's Nationals page and click on the "Schedule" link for your event.  If the page that comes up still shows "Final" in the URL, I believe it is unchanged.  But if it has "updated" with a date, it has changed since the first release.

My quick check as of this writing shows the following have changed:

  • 18 & Over 5.0+ (8/18 update)
  • 18 & Over 2.5 (9/6 update)
  • 18 & Over 3.5 (9/6 update)

I have not checked to see what specifically changed, but I believe it was originally possible for 7 teams in one of the men's events to finish undefeated, so perhaps that was changed.  Or sometimes a section will elect to not send a team so changes are required for that.  I will try and check more closely shortly.

If you did happen to contact me and get reports to scout opponents for Nationals already and the schedule changes have affected the teams you will play, let me know and we'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment