Sunday, September 16, 2018

USTA League 40 & Over Sectionals affected by weather and not complete yet

Several sections held 40 & Over Sectionals this weekend, or were scheduled to, but weather got in the way.

Mid-Atlantic appears to have delayed theirs due to fears that Florence would move north and rain everything out (it appears that didn't happen), and Texas played theirs but despite going to short sets, exceptionally short in some cases, was not able to get everything completed.

I believe Mid-Atlantic has rescheduled theirs for the end of the month which doesn't give teams much time between Sectionals and Nationals.

I was told Texas is still working on what they will do.  Perhaps they try to pick a team based on the matches played, or find some way to finish the matches still to be played.  Either is pretty tough, but to my knowledge, to send a team they need to pick one.

I'll write more as I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment