LSU remains #1 after an impressive win over West Virginia but Alabama makes the big move improving over 5 points and moving to #2 after their thumping of Arkansas, passing idle and now #3 Stanford. Oregon benefits from LSU appearing to be so good as well as drubbing Arizona and moves up to #4, fractionally ahead of Boise State and also just ahead of Oklahoma State.
Michigan makes the huge move of the week, moving up over 7 points and 19 spots to #9. Even early in the year this is a big move and is done because:
- They beat formerly undefeated San Diego State by 21.
- Earlier opponent Western Michigan (24 point win) lost by only 3 at Illinois.
- Earlier opponent Notre Dame won on the road.
We'll see if Michigan can make this stick as they have weaker opponents the next few weeks and will need to continue to win comfortably.
The computer went 24-23 against the spread, so not great, but went a sparkling 5-0 in the highlighted games:
- Picked LSU by 9 giving the points and they won by 26.
- Picked Alabama by over 14 giving the points and they won by 24.
- Picked Clemson by 5 giving the points and they won by 5.
- Picked Arizona State by 3.5 giving the points and they won by 21.
- Picked Oklahoma State by 2.6 in the upset and they won by 1.
The top-25 is below, the full rankings on the web-site.
|5||Boise St||86.821||3-0||70.919||-2, +0.050|
|6||Oklahoma St||86.775||4-0||72.678||+0, +1.077|
|10||South Florida||82.418||4-0||60.233||+4, +4.870|
|11||Texas A&M||82.116||2-1||67.478||-1, +2.005|
|14||Arizona St||80.020||3-1||67.359||+6, +3.273|
|15||Notre Dame||79.515||2-2||76.857||+10, +3.769|
|17||South Carolina||78.808||4-0||68.660||-4, +1.058|
|18||Georgia Tech||78.389||4-0||60.689||-3, +0.903|
|19||Virginia Tech||77.892||4-0||61.477||-3, +0.551|
|20||Penn State||77.652||3-1||68.580||+22, +6.215|