Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Have you been 3 strike disqualified in USTA League tennis? Get a free report that explains the DQ

Analyzing USTA League disqualifications is one of the interesting things I get to do with my Estimated Dynamic NTRP Ratings.  I'm usually able to predict or explain most DQs which is a confirmation that my algorithm is pretty darn close to estimating ratings correctly.

But when I can't explain one, the details of the DQ allow me to look at my algorithm and figure out how I can fine tune it a bit more.  Because this review is so valuable to me, I'm offering a free Estimated Dynamic NTRP Rating Report to the first 5 USTA League players to contact me that received a DQ during the 2013 season.  In order to qualify for the free report, you'll need to send me the actual DQ letter you received with the details about which matches resulted in strikes.

Thanks!

Update: I've made the offer again for 2014.

2 comments:

  1. HI Kevin,

    What do think is the margin that USTA allows for DQ? From what you've seen, what percent is it above the expected dynamic rating for that level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It varies by level. At the lower levels the margin is greater, it is virtually impossible to get DQ'd unless you play up, but at the higher levels it is smaller but still above the top of the threshold.

      Delete