Thursday, August 25, 2016

2016 USTA League Pacific Northwest 40 & Over Sectionals are this weekend

The Pacific Northwest section of the USTA is holding their 40 & over Sectionals this weekend in Spokane.

As a preview, here is the top-8 averages for Flight A of the 3.5 women.  This table is part of what is in a sub-flight report that you can still get for any gender/level to scout your opponents and plan your line-ups.

TeamAverage
SAC-Gatzke/Looi3.48
TLTC Hilger3.46
MI-Ko3.37
ESTC-ServeAces and Limes3.30

It appears the Northern Oregon and Southwest Washington teams are the class of this flight, on paper at least!  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Alas, like last year, there are fires in Eastern Washington, but, knock on wood, at this point the air quality is not as bad as last year so the plan is to play the normal schedule outdoors.  Let's hope we can stick to that.

I say "we" because my team will be there!  In fact there are several teams from Columbia Silver Lake making the trip so good luck to them all.

Because I will be on the court playing/watching, I may not be able to respond to requests or questions as quickly as normal, but I will get to all the e-mails as quickly as I can.

Perhaps I'll see you in Spokane!

No comments:

Post a Comment