I'm pleased to say that another customer of these reports has advanced in the playoffs, winning their District. They were playing the best 2 out of 3 team matches head to head against the team from the other Area in their District and came out on top 2-1.
After winning the first team match, the team got more players involved and lost the second, but using the reports ran out their best line-up in the third and deciding match and won 4-1. Here is how the ratings predicted the final match:
- 1 Singles - A 2.96 beat a 2.73 6-3,6-3
- 2 Singles - A 2.87 beat a 2.78 5-7,7-6,1-0
- 1 Doubles - A 2.65/2.90 lost to a 2.75/2.90 5-7,6-3,1-0
- 2 Doubles - A 2.88/2.81 beat a 2.82/2.61 6-1,4-6,1-0
- 3 Doubles - A 2.74/2.73 beat a 2.95/2.62 7-5,6-3
My ratings picked the right winner in all the matches but court 3 doubles, and that was one where there was a big disparity on the losing team which can be exploited if the other team can just avoid the stronger player, so not a surprise that is where the "upset" was.
This team is now on to Sectionals. Good luck!