Sunday, October 31, 2021

Results from the fifth weekend of 2021 USTA League Nationals - How did the predictions do?

The fifth weekend of 2021 USTA League Nationals is complete, and it is time for the summary and check on how the predictions did.

The 55 & Over 6.0 and 9.0 were played in Orlando and at the 6.0 level for the women, SoCalSouthwestFlorida, and Mid-Atlantic made the semis.  Three of those teams were in my projected top-5 and all four were in my top-7.  SoCal and Florida both won 2-1 to make it to the final with SoCal winning 2-1, and they were the top pick to win it all in the simulation.

The 6.0 men had Southern, Midwest, Middle States, and SoCal make the semis, two in my top-4 and all four in my top-8.  SoCal and Midwest both won their semis 2-1 and Midwest took the final. 

At 9.0, the women's flight saw Southern, Florida, Eastern, and Mid-Atlantic make the semis, all four in my simulation's top-5.  Southern and Florida made the final where Florida won 2-1 to take the title.

The 9.0 men had Southern, SoCal, Middle States, and Intermountain advance to the semis, all four in my simulation's top-6.  Southern and SoCal won their semis and then SoCal won the final.

18 & Over Mixed got going in Arizona with the 6.0, 8.0, and 10.0 levels playing.

The 6.0 level had Intermountain, SoCal, Texas, and Southern make the semis, all four of those in my top-7.  Intermountain and SoCal, the two in my top-7, won their semis with Intermountain taking the title.

The 8.0 level had SoCal, Intermountain, Hawaii, and NorCal advance to the semis, all in my top-4!  NorCal and Hawaii won their semis and NorCal took the title.

The 10.0 level saw New England, SoCal, NorCal, and Eastern make the semis, all four in my top-5.  Eastern and NorCal won their semis with Eastern taking the title.

Congratulations to this weekend's champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment