Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Tennis Channel to broadcast USTA League Nationals!

Ok, I may be making a bit of a leap, at least on how much may be broadcast, but a reader shared with me a news story that Tennis Channel is constructing a permanent broadcast facility at the National Campus in Orlando.

From the story though (bold/underline by me):
Tennis Channel will air matches and additional programming from USTA Pro Circuit tournaments, College MatchDays and USTA League

This doesn't say how much or what specific events, nor if it what they air will be on the main channel or TC-Plus, but USTA League is clearly listed as part of what is included.

The story also says the agreement gives Tennis Channel the rights to broadcast events held at locations other than the National Campus, and while my guess is USTA League Nationals held in Vegas or Arizona aren't on the top of that list, I think the agreement would allow them to air these.

In any case, I think this is good news as it should mean more coverage of USTA events.


No comments:

Post a Comment