Tuesday, April 6, 2010

NCAA Tournament Final System and Poll Comparison

And Duke wins it all.  And with no poll or system picking them, there aren't any big scores for any system/poll, but I am pleased to see that my computer eked out the best score beating Sagarin by 2 points.

System/Poll Points
Schmidt Computer89
Sagarin87
Coaches73
RPI69
AP68
Seeds62
Vegas61

The difference between my computer and Sagarin ultimately was my computer having Butler getting to the sweet 16 and Sagarin having them losing in the second round.  The big difference against the rest was the my computer and Sagarin both had Baylor getting to the Elite Eight (AP, Coaches, Seeds, Vegas had Villanova) and Sagarin and my computer had Duke getting to the final.

I'd like to think this proves my computer did a better job ranking and ratings teams than the polls or Vegas, but it is just one year.  But I'll do this again next year and share it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment