Tuesday, January 26, 2021

New USTA League Survey from the USTA

This morning, I found an e-mail in my inbox from the USTA with a new survey about USTA League.  The survey link may be specific to a player, so I won't post mine here, but look for an e-mail with the subject "USTA League Players - We Want to Hear From You!".

This follows a survey in December in an e-mail titled "Your Opinion Matters" that wasn't much to mention as it didn't really ask anything of substance, but this new one does ask a number of things of note.

The survey starts off asking some basic demographic and location questions, oddly including each of section, state, zip, and ends these with asking if one captains or not.  I answered yes and it appears the few captains questions are then asked, but there aren't specific questions for non-captains.

For a captain, it then asked if I knew about a new feature on TennisLink for indicating a team is open to or looking for more players (I was), then asked some questions about other tools a captain would like to have to making captaining easier.

It continued with questions about how often I play, drills, lessons, etc., and what leagues I play in.  There were a few questions to rate things but it didn't specify that "1" was the best or the larger number was, I assumed "1".  It finished asking what I liked about USTA League and what I would change.

All in all a reasonable survey, but as with any survey, it will only be useful if a representative set of players respond, and the USTA then takes relevant action as a result.  Since it is harder to justify complaining if you don't give feedback, I encourage any USTA League players to answer the survey if you are so inclined so your voice can be heard.

Some of the feedback I gave was regarding not publishing 2020 year-end ratings, problems with sandbaggers and thrown matches, and the need for better tools to manage teams.

Did you take the survey?  What did you think?

Update: Survey link here.

1 comment:

  1. I asked for an Android version of the USTA Mobile app (currently available only for Apple devices).

    ReplyDelete